Passing Opinion Off As Fact Since 2009

Passing Opinion Off As Fact Since 2009

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Fox con Sox con Blog: NOW WITH LINKS!!!!

I was never planning on this being one of those blogs that linked to ish. This was mainly because I didn't want to look up the html code for it. But then I found what I am about to link to.

It is a trailer for a filmed visual interpretation of an audio portrait of New York City. Though not the full thing, it is a solid 10 minutes long and includes some of the more affective parts. It is going to be presented at The Tank on September 9th, and I really recommend it highly if you live in NYC or its surrounding areas.

I first saw the piece in some abandoned boat that was turned temporarily into an art gallery for the Armory Show weekend. I went with my friend Kirby and we sat through the film twice back to back. Easily, it was the most compelling piece of the weekend for me, if not of my entire existence as a contemporary art viewer.

So I implore you to watch the video in the link. I know you haven't watched your tivo'd season finale of Kendra or even worse the premier of Megan Wants to Marry a Millionaire but they can wait the extra 10 minutes it takes to watch this...


SOUNDWALK - Kill the Ego



This is also a video of NYC but A LOT less intense.

No comments:

Post a Comment