Passing Opinion Off As Fact Since 2009

Passing Opinion Off As Fact Since 2009

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

29 - 11

There is a trend that plays out mostly in 29-11 that I found particularly interesting. BALLADS!!!! This section has a number of ballads by bands that usually are on the more rockin' side of things. I guess this says something about a really good ballad. The louder/faster songs of the world might be more immediate and visceral, however as is the case with a lot of these songs, ballads offer something deeper. So as time goes on I found myself revisiting these songs and allowing them to grow on me.

That is the great thing about making this list, I really had no idea about this trend until now. Anyway, enjoy...

29. “Encore” – Jay- Z (specifically some unknown remix I have on my computer)

28. “Young Hears Spark Fires” – Japandroids

27. “Stuck Between Stations” – The Hold Steady

26. “Knife” – Grizzly Bear

25. “Beating Heart Baby” – Head Automatica

24. “505” – Arctic Monkeys

23. “Ordinary People” – John Legend

22. “Love Dog” – TV on the Radio

21. “Level” – The Raconteurs

20. “OK Apartment” – The Oranges Band

19. “Used To Vacation” Cold War Kids

18. “Sweetness” – Jimmy Eat World

17. “First Sight” – These United States

16. “Videotape” – Radiohead

15. “Lengths” – The Black Keys

14. “Last Night” – The Strokes

13. “7/4 Shoreline” – Broken Social Scene

12. “4 Kicks” – Kings of Leon

11. “One Thing” – Amerie

No comments:

Post a Comment