Passing Opinion Off As Fact Since 2009

Passing Opinion Off As Fact Since 2009

Sunday, September 20, 2009

My Favorite Song of the Decade 50 - 30

This list was really, really, really hard to make. I thought I finished it two weeks ago, until I realized I didn't love many of the songs. I was putting important songs on the list that I merely liked a lot. "Maps" is a great and all but I have no real connecation to it, thus it was removed. After a few more weeks of editing I am left with the list that will be posted here. I really, really, really, really like these songs and deeply care for them.

So please enjoy the list, I have included links so you can listen to songs you haven't heard before/listened to in awhile. Again I implore you to make your own lists, it is a fun/revealing/rewarding process.

51. “Family Reunion” – Jill Scott*

50. “Vindicated” Dashboard Confessional**

49. “Untitled” – D'angelo

48. “Marry You When Yr Sleeping” – Voice on Tape

47. “Warning” – Incubus

46. “Sunday Morning” – Maroon 5

45. “Intuition” – Feist

44. “Die” – Iron & Wine

43. “Distractions” – Zero 7

42. “Seed 2.0” – The Roots

41. “While You Were Sleeping” – Elvis Perkins

40. “Stronger” – Kanye West

39. “When Did Your Heart Go Missing?” – Rooney

38. “My Love” – Justin Timberlake

37. “The District Sleeps Alone Tonight” – The Postal Service

36. “Nantes” – Beirut

35. “Captive Train” – Holler, Wild Rose

34. “Daylight” – Matt & Kim

33. “I Found A Reason” – Cat Power

32. “Heartbeats”- Jose Gonzalez

31. “Blue Light” – Bloc Party

30. “Arms of a Woman” – Amos Lee



*I am aware that 51 is not included in 50-30. This song is great and remarkably silly (I would argue the most silly of the decade). On one hand, I knew I wanted to list this song and on the other I knew it was never going to be top 50. And since this is my blog, I will do whatever I want.

**The last song added to the list, appropriately comes in at #50. This song is the closest thing I have to a guilty pleasure (I don't personally believe in this term). Nonetheless, I have two very dear memories involving this song, which have earned it this placement.

No comments:

Post a Comment