Passing Opinion Off As Fact Since 2009

Passing Opinion Off As Fact Since 2009

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Don't Call it a Comeback!!!! Please.

I am going to try and restart this blog I started.

I ran into a roadblock of sorts months back. The problem was the blog slowly turned into me solely arguing my stance on my generation's unique relationship with popular culture. The "Is This It?/This Is It" piece seemed to perfectly express my point-of-view, so I felt I had nothing else to write. I could not think of anything to add to the conversation of the matter. My Joementum fizzled out. Now, many months later, I am going to begin anew and with a slightly different focus.

CURATION

Recently, my friend sent me a link to an article* that argued that content is no longer king**, and in its stead curation has arisen. Accordingly, I am going to work on curating (fancy words for posting links to other people's ish) a lot more. The hope is this will get me back in the swing of things and allow me to spend more time on the long-form pieces, for which I am famous***.

Ok, ready for some curating? Here is a video that is already omnipresent on the Internet:

Ron Artest is a Champion and Crazy


Now comes some scribblings about the curated piece…

Ron Artest is crazy. As long as I have known that Ron Artest existed, I have known he is crazy. This usually resulted in bad things, like rushing the stands looking to snuff some fans or dumb rap music. I am linking this link to show how great it is when crazy people are happy instead of frightingly destructive****. Artest's rants within are the embodiment of joy and Coca-Cola Corp. has embedded in my psyche that joy is great.



* This article!!!!!: http://www.businessinsider.com/content-is-no-longer-king-curation-is-king-2010-6
**I should probably mention that I disagree with the article. Let us say that more people focus on curation than content, than the result will be a massive cycle of the same content from one forum to the next. It is a baby boomer's attempt to try to define the Internet's future as a return to an American monoculture. Maybe that is a bit harsh, especially considering that this dude knows a lot more about this than I do, but you know forest, trees, seeing, etc.
***One reader (Dawson) counts as famous, correct?
**** Sounds like my Ex-wife.*****
*****ZING!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment