Passing Opinion Off As Fact Since 2009

Passing Opinion Off As Fact Since 2009

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Top 5 Albums of 2010.5

2010.5 has been a remarkablely disappointing 6 months of music. 8 of my Top 25 of the Decade artists released records and most were not what I hoped (more like, This is NOT Happening). That being said, there has been 4 records I liked, 1 I loved by default, and 1 I trully adored.


Top 5 Albums of 2010.5


5. The Black Keys - Brothers
4. Broken Social Scene - Forgiveness Rock Record
3. Suckers - Wild Smile
2. Ted Leo and the Pharmacists - Brutalist Brick
1. The National - High Violet

Honorable Mention: Vampire Weekend - Contra

This is a list made up of a debut, my 2nd favorite Broken Social Scene record, my 4th favorite Black Keys album, and my 5th fave Ted Leo release. Still, I absolutely - head over heals - love High Violet. It is my favorite record by The National and despite a easy route to the top, it wholeheartedly deserves its position.


Maybe the send half of the year will be better. I don't particularly like Arcade Fire or Interpol, so I have less hope than most. Still, there is set to be a new Strokes, Kanye, Best Coast, Walkmen, and Patrick Stump, so who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment