Passing Opinion Off As Fact Since 2009

Passing Opinion Off As Fact Since 2009

Thursday, July 8, 2010

My Favorite Thing: June 2010

Yawn - Kind of Guy


My friend (and former roommate) Josh Patterson directed this video. I am not trying to be a schill, instead, I would like to highlight how compelling it is when you see a friend's work for the first time and truly love it.

When you surround yourself with creative people you run the risk of hating their work. An decent level of anxiety manifests everytime a friend wants you to read, watch, listen, or view a piece they created. Still sometimes this product not only quells the anxiety, but also excedes expectations. This is very much the case when I first saw this music video.

In the year of our friendship I have always known Josh to be passionate, thoughtful, creative, properly weird, and quite humble. Watching the video I got a better sense of who he was as an artist and a person in general. The end result seemed to be the perfect extension of everything I admired in Josh.

Not to mention, it is a great video for a great song. Would I have written about it if I hadn't known the director? Maybe not, but that is besides the point. The enjoyment of seeing a friend so successfully realize a vision is special and a very worthy thing to be a month's favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment