Passing Opinion Off As Fact Since 2009

Passing Opinion Off As Fact Since 2009

Thursday, August 12, 2010

5 Thoughts from My Trip to LACMA

1) The fact that I have lived in LA for 15 months without ever going is flat-out reprehensible.
2) When I grow up - like way up - I want to be one of the old ladies who give museums tours.
3) LACMA had its share of great pieces; however, unlike my favorite museum/place-on-earth NYC’s MOMA, its not necessarily weighed down by its masterpieces. LACMA’s collection is actually refreshingly idiosyncratic.
4) I have never seen Jeff Koons work in person before. Up until that point, I mostly hated him because of his particularly douche episode of Iconoclast. Tune slightly changed.
5) The National’s “Start of War” came on exactly when I started walking through a Richard Serra piece. The two worked unbelievably well with one another; the minor swells of the song perfectly married with the subtle movements of the sculpture. Everyone should do this, soon.



Don't worry, in case of a fire LACMA provides a diagram for how to escape a Richard Serra sculpture.



* I went to an Incubus radio performance in the courtyard area. Yep, that is something that happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment